Here is a quick infographic that should pick your spirits up after a sales meeting gone wrong or 100 straight hang-ups during frustrating cold calls.
How Many Times Should You Try?
- 3 times Steven Spielberg was rejected by University of Southern California, after which he dropped out to become a director.
- 26 times Tim Ferris’s book The 4 Hour WorkWeek was rejected by publishers
- 104 times an average couple has sex before conceiving
- 162 times the author of this infographic made searches for this data
- 300 times founder of Pandora.com approached investors before he got funding
- 400 times a National Geographic photographer shoots before getting the final image
- 1009 times Colonel Sanders who just started KFC was turned down when he tried selling his fried chicken recipe
- 5126 times James Dyson created failed prototypes of his vacuum cleaner before succeeding