Whether you like it or not, social networks are very important in making your business succeed. Now a days, advertising your services via word of mouth is as easy as ever. If your website is set up accordingly and you consistently work at it, you can make social networks work for your business.
Here are five easy tips by entrepreneur.com for Making Your Website More Social:
1. Encourage a more social experience. There is a belief that people either share or they don’t. Not so. You can encourage sharing and engagement on your website by choosing “emotionally intelligent words.” This means you select words that represent the personality of your brand and appear conversational.
2. Raise the bar on content quality. Creating distinctive content that your customers find interesting and useful is, of course, key to any successful online marketing strategy. Without such content, there’s less chance that your pages will be discovered and linked to by other sites.
3. Incentivize when possible. By incentivizing your visitors with gamification features such as badges, counts and stars, you play to an innate need to compete and win. Ask yourself what can be tweaked on your site to incentivize sharing. Maybe it’s something as simple as ratings or voting.
4. Actively seek customer feedback. When was the last time you asked your visitors what they wanted to see next? Whether it’s asking them to vote on the next feature you build or to choose a product they’d like to see you sell, don’t underestimate the power of feedback. Crowdsourcing on your site can help encourage users to be social both with you and each other.
5. Track diligently and make adjustments. You might believe that some brands are just more likely to win in social engagement than others, but that is rarely the case. Success often comes down to a more strategic process of testing and making adjustments.
You can read more at entrepreneur.com